As 2014 comes to a close, we’re taking some time to reflect on all of this year’s accomplishments and action. It’s been a great ride filled with good vibes and the always improving #TeamMarley support system!
– AfroPunk Fest! Bringing in over 60,000 people to Commodore Barry Park in Brooklyn, we still can’t stop talking about it. The style and energy was wild (see photo above for some direct proof on that note) Our Get Together party alongside the DJ’s at the Gold stage had thousands of people dancing all day long.
– The Get Together Speaker video launch was a huge success for all involved. We traveled all over and connected with the dopest of videographers to show our audience the authenticity and creativity behind the House of Marley name.
– Throughout the year, we were stoked to release and share our video series, Noisey Jamaica II, focusing on the rising artists in Jamaica. Names like Jesse Royal, Alkaline, Popcaan, and Ras Malekot got to show their talents in a raw video form. Who doesn’t love viewing the beautiful and deep rooted music and culture of Jamaica? Big Thanks to Noisey Music, Major Lazer’s Walshy Fire, and all who contributed to this video series.
– To domino off of that, we celebrated the success of the Noisey Jamaica II video series in the best way we know how, a party..with lots of live music. We took it over to Kinfolk in Brooklyn and invited House of Marley ambassadors, Electric Punanny to get on the 1’s and 2’s, and we even had a drum line march threw the crowd to turn it all the way up. The club was going up on a TUESDAY. Yes, it was an actual Tuesday – we all know weekday parties tend to be the best there is. Check out photos from the event here.
– Damian “Jr Gong” Marley’s Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise will go down in cruise ship history. Filled with music and heavy positive vibes; the weekend of October 20 – 25th was wild. Jamaica’s best reggae artists, including: Sean Paul, Cham, Wayne Marshall, Etana, Bounty Killer and more, graced the stage and had the crowd rocking for several days straight! Check out the recap, but don’t blame us for the #FOMO that might endure over here.
– Another moment our NYC team was quick to embrace: Spring’s opening of the new Miss Lily’s location closer to the office in The East Village. If you’ve never been yet, it’s a destination always at the top of our list.
– Electric Punanny’s Asian Tour had the other side of the world dancing all night long. Melo X and Jasmine Solano are a dynamic duo and a pair that definitely can not be mimicked or duplicated. Singapore, Manila, Bali, Seoul, and Shanghai were the main pit stops on their tour, check out those recaps. The House of Marley is very proud to represent these two.
– The incredible team of Miles2Give powered by our friend Landon Thomas, finished the second annual 10,321 mile tour around the United States exceeding their goal of $50,000 to support research in benefit of the Huntsman Cancer Institute in the fight of Sarcoma Cancer.
– LargeUp named Jesse Royal a 2014 ‘Artist To Watch’ and throughout the year he continued to show us all why, dropping singles and mix-tapes landing at the top of every list. Proud to call Royal a part of #TeamMarley.
– We love the Reggae Girlz, and the House of Marley is giving major props to all that this team has accomplished in 2014. This amazing group of soccer stars raised over 100% of the funds needed to send them to the World Cup 2015 bid. The House of Marley matched $100 to every $1 that was donated. We can’t wait to see these girls dominate in 2015 and bring home the gold!
While 2014 is coming to a close when the clock strikes midnight tonight, we are ready to take on 2015 in full force. Big ups to everyone who helped make 2014 what it has been.