Miami here we come! The House of Marley is ready to light up the Magic City with another Get Together party. Musical guests include Kabaka Pyramid, Jo Mersa Marley and special guest Stephen Marley. Wipe away your Valentines Day feels and be prepared to groove all night long. To purchase tickets click here!Follow Me
“Me only have one ambition, y’know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together – black, white, Chinese, everyone – that’s all.” February 6th marks the 70th birthday of the world’s greatest artist and revolutionary, Robert Nesta Marley. Bob’s love, honesty, and passion will thrive forever through his footprints in Jamaica, his children, and the Rastafarian religion he shared with the world. In celebration of his life and legacy, we’ve hand selected a few events you can check out in New York City and Kingston, Jamaica. If you’re sharing the events (or the love!) socially, be sure to connect with us using the hashtags: #Marley70 or #TheLegacyContinues to be a part of the digital conversation heard around the world.
Friday, February 6th
– Miss Lily’s, undoubtably New York’s favorite Jamaican restaurant, is hosting a celebration of Bob Marley’s life on Friday, February 6th. Tasty and traditional Jamaican food and jammin’ from the East Village location.
– For our friends in Jamaica, The Bob Marley Museum and Tuff Gong International will be having events all weekend long. Some of the events include: a symposium on the Evolution of Marley, a Reggae Jam Session with Marley’s 70th Ambassadors Chronic, Kabaka Pyramid and No-Maddz, and also a special screening of Easy Skanking in Boston ’78 concert (available Feb 17th).
Saturday, February 7th
– The Marley Family and Digicel will be hosting a free Reggae Concert at the Kingston Waterfront at 6pm Est. Top of the line performances by Tarrus Riley, Cocoa Team, Freddie McGregor, I-Octane, Carleton, Marcia Griffiths and more will have you goovin’ until the sun comes up.Follow Me
Call a friend and grab your tickets because House of Marley homie, Chronixx is hitting the West Coast! The Dread & Terrible West Coast Tour with company from Keznamdi and Kelissa starts on Valentines Day in San Diego, with stops in Las Vegas, Seattle, Los Angeles and more. Tickets can be purchases here!
Sundance Film Festival is now in full effect. Since 1985 the festival has highlighted the best of the best of storytellers and beyond. Park City, Utah will be filled with the film industries most creative indie directors, videographers and actors from January 22nd to February 1st.
While we’re not there to witness it all first hand this time around, we’ve compiled a list of a few films we’re psyched about. Check them out below!
Dope – Shot in Inglewood, California, this film blends together an interesting fusion of hip-hop, drugs, and the all mighty Bitcoin. A$AP Rocky makes his proper acting debut.
Being Evel – This film is about Evel Knievel, an American daredevil who attempted 75 ramp to ramp deathly jumps which shot him to stardom. Every child born in the 70’s new his name and wanted to mimic his greatest, so this film will be a great blast in the past.
Cronies – Filmed in 2014 and produced by Spike Lee, this film features three friends struggling to maintain their relationships as they enter adulthood, a growing pain all of us can relate to.
James White – This film is about a troubled man and his journey surviving in New York city, while balancing a positive relationship with his mother. With a feature from rapper Kid Cudi of course we are excited about this film.
Digging for Life – A “boys will be boys” type film set in East LA which showcases a couples juggle with young parenthood. While trying to make ends meet the couple picks up house sitting for a gig and winds up surprised at what they find at the residence.
Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck - This documentary features never-before-seen visuals, interviews and home movies from the world of Kurt Cobain.Follow Me
The birthday girl and House of Marley Ambassador Jasmine Solano will be celebrating another year of greatness at The Studio at W Union Square this Friday, January 22nd in New York. Join Jasmine and special guest DJ’s Ms. Nix and Stretch Armstrong from 10pm – 3am. Happy Birthday Jasmine! RSVP HERE to turn it all the way up and Get Together for the celebration.Follow Me
The 2nd Annual Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise tickets are on sale now and our sources say they’re going fast. After last year’s experience, the word is out to say the least, so you’ll want to make sure you cop these tickets while you can.
Last years cruise was bananas, Damian “Jr Gong” Marley, Sean Paul, Cham, Morgan Heritage and Wayne Marshall were just a few of the headlining acts on the ship.
This year after a successful first go around, the Jamrock Reggae Cruise team has decided to bring out 2 major cruise ships to head out to sea. The first cruise takes off November 30th and lands back to shore on December 5th, with the second cruise running from December 5th through the 10th. Featured artists include, Bounty Killer, Elephant Man, Third World, Capleton, and of course Damian “Jr Gong” Marley and much more.
Call your friends and family and lets get ready for *THE* Reggae experience on the ocean. Peep the video below for a bit of what we were fortunate enough to experience last year incase you need some further convincing.
For tickets, updates and more information, visit the Jamrock Reggae Cruise site.
This #MusicMonday we bring to you sounds and visuals from none other than our good friend, Chronixx. Just before the long weekend, Chronixx dropped new visuals for his “Tenement Yard (News Carryin’ Dread)” featuring Inner Circle and Jacob Miller. In this song and video, you’ll notice some powerful messages all about the digital, socially savvy world we live in today, and how to lighten things up a bit. Something else you’ll see? Two members of our Liberate family: The Liberate XLBT headphones and The Liberate BT Speaker.
The single can be purchased on iTunes here!
What – a – week. After much preparation and hard work gearing up for the largest consumer electronics trade show in the world, our team is back from Las Vegas and ready to rock. The week long show was a mix of party meets presentation to show the latest House of Marley products to be available in 2015. Updated technology, a wide range of new color-ways, and fashion forward designs are just a few of what you’ll be seeing in 2015 and CES was our first chance to debut it all.
In true Marley fashion, we brought live music each day to break up the busy schedule and give everyone a place to relax (..or turn up, given the moment) at the half way mark of the show. Daniel Bambaata Marley, Johnny Osbourne, Shine Head, and Sister Nancy made up the legendary line-up that had the crowd vibing from Tuesday to Friday. Special thanks to LargeUp, DJ Gravy, and DJ Synapse for keeping the music flowing through our One Foundation speakers the entire time.
Speaking of the One Foundation…House of Marley took home the ‘Best In Home Audio’ award thanks to Twice Magazine.
To add to the mix, we had custom jersey’s being made for our VIPs all week thanks to the team over at Fly Nowhere, giving the perfect touch to the Marley experience.
Big up to everyone who helped make this CES a win! 20-15, we are ready.
As 2014 comes to a close, we’re taking some time to reflect on all of this year’s accomplishments and action. It’s been a great ride filled with good vibes and the always improving #TeamMarley support system!
– AfroPunk Fest! Bringing in over 60,000 people to Commodore Barry Park in Brooklyn, we still can’t stop talking about it. The style and energy was wild (see photo above for some direct proof on that note) Our Get Together party alongside the DJ’s at the Gold stage had thousands of people dancing all day long.
- The Get Together Speaker video launch was a huge success for all involved. We traveled all over and connected with the dopest of videographers to show our audience the authenticity and creativity behind the House of Marley name.
– Throughout the year, we were stoked to release and share our video series, Noisey Jamaica II, focusing on the rising artists in Jamaica. Names like Jesse Royal, Alkaline, Popcaan, and Ras Malekot got to show their talents in a raw video form. Who doesn’t love viewing the beautiful and deep rooted music and culture of Jamaica? Big Thanks to Noisey Music, Major Lazer’s Walshy Fire, and all who contributed to this video series.
– To domino off of that, we celebrated the success of the Noisey Jamaica II video series in the best way we know how, a party..with lots of live music. We took it over to Kinfolk in Brooklyn and invited House of Marley ambassadors, Electric Punanny to get on the 1’s and 2’s, and we even had a drum line march threw the crowd to turn it all the way up. The club was going up on a TUESDAY. Yes, it was an actual Tuesday – we all know weekday parties tend to be the best there is. Check out photos from the event here.
– Damian “Jr Gong” Marley’s Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise will go down in cruise ship history. Filled with music and heavy positive vibes; the weekend of October 20 – 25th was wild. Jamaica’s best reggae artists, including: Sean Paul, Cham, Wayne Marshall, Etana, Bounty Killer and more, graced the stage and had the crowd rocking for several days straight! Check out the recap, but don’t blame us for the #FOMO that might endure over here.
– Another moment our NYC team was quick to embrace: Spring’s opening of the new Miss Lily’s location closer to the office in The East Village. If you’ve never been yet, it’s a destination always at the top of our list.
– Electric Punanny’s Asian Tour had the other side of the world dancing all night long. Melo X and Jasmine Solano are a dynamic duo and a pair that definitely can not be mimicked or duplicated. Singapore, Manila, Bali, Seoul, and Shanghai were the main pit stops on their tour, check out those recaps. The House of Marley is very proud to represent these two.
– The incredible team of Miles2Give powered by our friend Landon Thomas, finished the second annual 10,321 mile tour around the United States exceeding their goal of $50,000 to support research in benefit of the Huntsman Cancer Institute in the fight of Sarcoma Cancer.
– LargeUp named Jesse Royal a 2014 ‘Artist To Watch’ and throughout the year he continued to show us all why, dropping singles and mix-tapes landing at the top of every list. Proud to call Royal a part of #TeamMarley.
– We love the Reggae Girlz, and the House of Marley is giving major props to all that this team has accomplished in 2014. This amazing group of soccer stars raised over 100% of the funds needed to send them to the World Cup 2015 bid. The House of Marley matched $100 to every $1 that was donated. We can’t wait to see these girls dominate in 2015 and bring home the gold!
While 2014 is coming to a close when the clock strikes midnight tonight, we are ready to take on 2015 in full force. Big ups to everyone who helped make 2014 what it has been.Follow Me
Tune in and turn turn it all the way up us at CES 2015! Get ready for live sets, amplified riddims and an injection of some serious Jamaican sounds. Our 2015 products are ready to be unveiled and we can’t wait to share them. See ya’ll there!Follow Me